On its behalf, the congregation grants authority to the Board to govern.
The Board’s responsibilities include:
• oversight of congregational vision, goal setting and strategic planning processes;
• oversight of Pastoral Team, including responsibilities, evaluation, salary and benefits, Full Time Equivalent (FTE) distribution, and personnel policy;
• oversight of Spiritual Gift Discernment Committee;
• recommendation of the budget (from the Administration Commission) to the congregation;
• oversight of congregational meetings, including discernment of agenda in consultation with the Pastoral Team;
• representation of the congregation in legal matters;
• annual evaluation of its work through feedback from the congregation;
• Affirmation and oversight of the organization officers.
• Approval of the Treasurer proposed by the Administration Commission.